So it’s time to finish your basement flooring. With endless options on the market, you want the one that is safe for your family, won’t break the bank, and is environmentally-friendly. Look no further than Marmoleum Click 3 Cinch Loc. While Forbo makes glue down tile and sheet options, their click together product is so versatile and suited to many dry basement projects.
Is Marmoleum Click 3 the best flooring for your basement? Maybe, maybe not. Let’s find out.
The first and most important step is to assess your subfloor conditions. This is a job for the person responsible for the installation and who should be able to guide you. Green Home Floors is one of those suppliers who can offer some advice and help you to purchase the products. Before Marmoleum Click 3 is installed, there are a number of factors to look at, especially for basements. From dampness to whether the floor is level, pitched or lumpy and bumpy, Marmoleum Click 3 should only be installed if it is the right fit for your specific situation.
Forbo, the manufacturer of Marmoleum Click 3 Cinch Loc, suggests checking the relative humidity in the concrete slab or the moisture content percentage as a means to determine suitability for installation. Click product has a wood core and does not perform well in damp environments. Sometimes a vapor barrier can fix that. That is all explained in their installation guide.
The benefits of Marmoleum Click 3 for basement flooring
- Installation is a beginner level project. Anyone who can strike a line and manage a handsaw can install it, and replacements are simple.
- The top wear layer of Marmoleum Cinch Loc is made from natural ingredients like linseed oil, limestone, and rosin. As a green and natural product it is a great to use for children’s play areas and recreation areas. The Mayo Clinic recommends hardwood or linoleum flooring, especially if your child has asthma or allergies. Marmoleum, being a natural linoleum flooring, is also referenced by the Environmental Protection Agency in a study of Emory University’s hospital flooring choices (spoiler: they chose Marmoleum).
- The core of Marmoleum Click 3 Cinch Loc is a moisture-resistant wood core. While it still requires an inexpensive vapor barrier under it to protect from vapor in the concrete, spills are no problem.
- The backing of Marmoleum Click 3 Cinch Loc is cork. Renewable, sustainable, and natural, it provides a wonderful cushioned feel to the floor, making it ideal for long periods of standing.
- It comes in a wide variety of colors and designs. Free samples are available.
- According to Forbo.com, “Thanks to its natural ingredients Marmoleum Click reaches room temperature quickly, ensuring your house is snug and warm. Our Marmoleum Click floors can even be used with underfloor heating. It is a tactile floor covering and comfortable under feet, ideal to live and play on.
Installation is easy
Watch Forbo’s video showing how simple Marmoleum Click 3 is to install:
Have your basement finished before you even know it. Since Marmoleum Cinch Loc Click 3 is easy install, you can save a lot of money by doing it yourself. This is the Marmoleum product that DOES NOT require an experienced installer.
See different color schemes with the Green Floor-Plan Designer.
Marmoleum maintenance tips
Marmoleum maintenance is easy. Each tile comes with a “Topshield2” finish, which protects your floor from scratches. In addition, the tiles can be regularly vacuumed, but sweeping and spot cleaning is what most people find works best.
Marmoleum can also be wiped down using a damp cloth, cleaned using some Forbo neutral floor cleaner, or buffed as needed. Check out Forbo’s maintenance guide to find out what the best practices are for long-term care of your new basement flooring. Also, Green Home Floors has the products and advice you need to keep your floors looking good for many years.
A useable, comfortable basement
Any type of flooring is just one part of having a basement that you love. Whether you turn the basement into a game room or a home office, Marmoleum can be a great choice. Order a free sample today or give us a call at 844-356-6784 for a consultation or technical support.
Find the lowest prices on Marmoleum at Green Home Floors.
Still have questions? Check out our Marmoleum FAQs.